to add to the general local royal jollifications here are some more pictures:
The Duke of Edinburgh visits the Fuel Research Establishment at East Greenwich in 1952 - with apologies for quality (scan from a photocopy from a microfilm of a local press report)
Below - the King - in this case George VI - visits Harvey's metal fabricators in Woolwich Road - they were where Charlton fire station now is and there are a few bits of wall and so on remaining from their works. They specialised in perforations.
and - above the Duke of Kent visits the Telcom works on the Peninsula in the 1950s - the site which is now the Alcatel works.