Meanwhile we have been through the list and exracted those of, roughy, industrial interest - we save taken the ones just about old houses out.
and ………………… they are ………...
Bridge over River Quaggy, Lee Roas A single span bridge with an enamel street sign attached to side.
53 Meadowcourt Road SE3. A single storey 20th cenrury building .looks industrial
Firemen’s cottages, Meadowcourt Road three cottages north of the fire station and originally part of the complex.
Weigall Road bridge.A brick bridge with flint panels over the Quaggy River. A cast iron plaque refers to the Borough of Woolwich in 1902
Pillar box – Weigall Road. pillar box with the cypher of George V
Ravens Way. Flats originally the Ravensbourne Club built in 1921 as sports club for the employees of Cook Son & Co (St Pauls) Limited, clothing wholesalers
Ravens Way stone/sundial . The sides bear sun and animal motifs representing times of the day
Bannockburn School Church Manorway. Built by the London School Board in 1903
Plume of Feathers gateposts. Plumstead High Street. The surviving part of the Tram terminus with cafe.
240-244 Frontage of Former Horse and Groom pub
236 Plumstead High Street
Plumstead Police Station. 1980s built with brick work detailing,
Bannockburn School and premises manager’s house – Plumstead High Street
Barclays Bank 107A Plumstead High Street. an important landmark on the High Street.
Alan Ives/Café Delight 118-118A Plumstead High Street It has some interesting stone work.
Formerly Plumstead Law Centre. 105 Plumstead High Street with interesting architectural features.
Paddy Power/Belfry Social Club (formerly Conservative Club) 100A Plumstead High Street. , interesting stone work.
65 Plumstead High Street. Decorative stonework 6N
63A/63 Plumstead High Street Part of a terrace with interesting roof and stonework features.
66-80 Plumstead High Street. unusual Dutch gable roof line.
64 Plumstead High Street interesting stonework
2-10 Plumstead High StreetCrenellation features
Plumstead Railway stationVictorian iron bridge, and typical shelter design and posts on station.
Angerstein Freight Railway pedestrian crossing and arched walkway
(accessed ? via Fairthorn Road) steps built for Combe farm workers to save having to go round under the bridge in Woolwich Road. The rail line extended to the Gasworks in 1890s, LCC tram depot with various branches to factories.
Angerstein Freight Railway bridge, Woolwich RoadThe bridge was the only element of the line which needed Parliamentary approval. It also retains a modest, functional, sturdy, old-world industrial feel ? to it – very representative of the character of Charlton.
Factory walls, Ramac Way. A long old wall remains with x3 interesting metal/wooden doors which are significant in telling the story of the important industrial buildings
Victoria Works, Johnson and Philips ? Factory wall entrance remains, Dupree Road.
Railway Electric substation, Troughton Road , Built in 1926 on the site of the station’s coal depot following electrification.
Pickwick Arms, 246 Woolwich Road? (Originally called Roupell Arms) built in 1830 and rebuilt in 1862.
Entrance wall to Harvey’s factory, Hol mwood Villas, off Woolwich Road
Eggcorn studios. Interesting and characterful original ironwork gates, walls
Rose of Denmark public house, ? 296 Woolwich Road .Substantially rebuilt after war damage,
New covenant church, Troughton Road Built 1900 by architect J Rowland, originally the Mission of the Good Shepherd. ? Wavey mosaic seating added around the exterior
White Horse PH, 704 Woolwich Road, Early 18C origins as a beer house, ‘rebuilt 1897’
Former Lads of the Village PH, pre-dates 1850, rebuilt 1899.
‘Danger Buildings’, Royal Arsenal Nitration Plant, Tripcock Point, Thamesmead SE28. Series of 10 small roofless brick structures each surrounded by high blast mounds,
Royal Arsenal ‘Gridiron’, Thames Path, West Thamesmead SE28 Timber roll-on dock devised by the Royal Arsenal to enable large guns mounted on railway vehicles (‘proof-sleighs’) weighing over 200 tons to be transported by barge down river to the testing range at Shoeburyness. Dates from1885/6.
Gun Emplacement, Tripcock Point, West Thamesmead SE28. WWII built late 1930s/early 1940s. Concrete, adapted from standard hexagonal pillbox type. Column survives for mounting an anti-aircraft gun; continuous embrasure allowing extensive field of fire over Thames for heavy machine guns.
Observation Post, Thames Path, West Thamesmead SE28 Mid-late 1930s. Two storeys, unusual polygonal design. Concrete with corrugated aggregate/metal covering, some of which has fallen off. An observation post to watch for mine-laying in the Thames; 180 degree field of view on two levels.
Tripcock Ness Lighthouse, Tripcock Point, West Thamesmead SE28
Distinctive landmark, small red lighthouse, 30ft high erected 1902 by Trinity House
Clock Tower, Joyce Dawson Way Shopping Centre, Thamesmead Town Centre SE28 Original 18th century clock and cupola from the Great Storehouse at Deptford Royal Dockyard (demolished in 1981). Dates from 1782, clock surmounted by open temple-style belfry and weather vane. Located in storage at Conveys Wharf Deptford, it was transported for repair to the Royal Arsenal and erected in Thamesmead in 1987 over a specially commissioned supporting tower in classical style. Donated to Thamesmead as the centrepiece for the new town centre.
LESC SubStation, Greenwich High Road, Greenwich SE10 Sub-station for the London Electric Supply Corporation (LESC) dating from the 1920s,
BT Telephone Exchange, 14 Maze Hill, Greenwich SE10 Large prominent telephone exchange building of brick with insignia of George VI along with the date 1947 and inscribed with lettering ‘Telephone Exchange’
57 Greenwich High Road (Former Rose of Denmark PH) Greenwich SE10
Last surviving historic pub on this part of the High Road,
Blissett Street SE10 (Former Royal George PH) Greenwich SE10 Named after Royal Navy’s flagship the Royal George built at Woolwich Dockyard in 1756. Dates from around 1850.